If you ever asked yourself how long your workout routes are and what route you should choose for this evening - then TrailRunner should be your training-partner.
* Geographic display of your workout area.
* Plan routes interactively.
* Collect routes.
* Route description and direction signs at crossings.
* Timed-checkpoints according to your pace.
* Rate your favorite tracks.
* Plan routes automatically with target distance and as many favorite tracks as possible.
* Export route descriptions onto your iPod as Notes-Text or NanoMap-Photos
* Collect your workout data in a Diary.
* Send to and exchange routes with friends and workout partners.
* Import GPX-Tracklists from GPS-units.
SwissSMS is a Mac OS X front-end to SMS operators services.
It stores your outgoing messages and can export them too.
Currently, it has plugins for romandie.com (free) and orange.ch (free / subscribtion).
The SigAlert Traffic Maps widget allows you to get the latest traffic maps for your local freeway traffic.
* Using the maps from SigAlert.com, the following cities/regions are currently supported:
o Inland Empire (San Bernardino)
o Los Angeles (greater LA, West LA, and East LA)
o Orange County
o San Diego
o San Francisco
* The widget can be resized and allows panning of the map so that you can focus on the data you are interested in (settings will be stored for each instance of the widget).
* Pointing the mouse over any speed dot or incident icon will display a popup with additional details - pointing the map over a camera icon will display a live traffic camera picture from that location.
* Double-clicking the map will open the corresponding full map in your browser
* The current speeds and incident reports will be updated every three minutes when the Dashboard is showing.
Download SigAlert Traffic Maps
Frictionless is a to-do list manager just like the many other GTD programs out there. Te main thing that makes Frictionless unique is that the developer is designing Frictionless around linking it to the many other programs you use in your digital life. To facilitate this, not only is Frictionless open source, but its written in Ruby Cocoa so that it can be easily extended by others, and so that it can reach out to connect to data stored on the internet as well.
The user interface is also quite deep and flexible, designed around the person who has 100+ item to-do lists, of which only perhaps 10-20 items could actually be performed at any one time. That is, the interface is designed to let you quickly filter out all the items you don't want to look at in favor of the items you could actually be working on right now.
GrowlCamino is a plugin for the Camino web browser that posts Growl notifications at useful moments. It provides a convenient Growl-based replacement for Camino's Downloads window and popup blocker.
SheerVideo Reader is a decoder-only version of SheerVideo Pro, a powerful faster-than-real-time perfectly lossless software video codec for production, postproduction, and archival. Compared to uncompressed formats, Sheer will
* double your disk speed
* double your disk size
* double your transmission bandwidth
* maintain absolutely perfect fidelity, bit-for-bit identical to the original
SheerVideo supports all standard uncompressed formats, including:
* RGB[A] and Y'CbCr[A]
* 4:4:4[:4] and 4:2:2[:4]
* with and without alpha
* 8-bit and 10-bit
* progressive and interlaced
* SD, HD, and any-D
* NTSC, PAL, and SECAM
* 4:3, 16:9, and any:any
* at any frame rate
And now, with Synchromy, SheerVideo can interconvert between all standard pixel formats with unrivalled accuracy.
Download SheerVideo Reader
The MLB Schedule widget is a simple dashboard widget which provides a small glimpse at the course of any Major League Baseball team's schedule. You can choose your favorite baseball team and the widget will display a five day range of both completed and upcoming games, providing information such as opponent, projected starters, TV channel, start time, game result, game score, winning pitcher and losing pitcher. You can even choose your time zone, to adjust the game start times.
Download MLB Schedule
The MLB Standings widget is a simple dashboard widget which provides the current major league baseball standings for all teams. You can choose which league and division you would like to keep track of and every time you open the dashboard the information is pulled straight from ESPN's standings page.
Download MLB Standings
Growl-net is based on the growl script shipped with Growl. It adds the ability to send Growls over the net (LAN or Internet), for use with the very common ssh-screen-irssi trilogy, with very easy setup. It uses the Net::Growl perl module, so the machine running irssi doesn't have to be running on a Mac. To use over the 'net, you need to setup port forwarding on your router, and a few other things, but it's fairly straight forward.
Download Growl-net irssi script
Fields is a small force field simulator for Mac OS X in the form of a screen saver. Particles react to each creating interesting visual patterns. Lots of parameters can be set to achieve different visual results in the simulation.
Download Fields Screen Saver
TrackRunner is a GPS-enabled exercise logbook for Mac.
Coupled with a GPS receiver and using LoadMyTracks from ClueTrust to connect to your GPS device, you'll be able to log your workouts and keep track of distance, time, elevation, heart-rate etc. Activities can be organized into categories, and by location.
Tracks can be displayed on satellite-images and data such as heart-rate, pace and cadence can be viewed in customizable graphs
TrackRunner is free for you to try, but is considered Donationware. So if you enjoy the software and find it helps you train better please consider donating.