Well, today was a hell of new/updated programs. And we're getting nearer to post #1000.
So, enough reason for me to ask you for some feedback. Give me your resumée about this blog, anything.
This is no ordinary google search widget. Gwidget (jee' wid jet), grabs the search results and displays them right inside of dashboard. In addition, unless the user chooses not to, the widget will open a slimmed down version of the site you click on inside of the resizable widget. It also has five different colors you can choose from.
Picture Framer makes it easy to quickly decorate your Dashboard with your favorite photos. It shows pictures from your iPhoto library, any other folder on your computer, and even Flickr and other sites. Best of all, it wraps everything up in a beautiful frames that look right at home on your Dashboard.
* Display pictures from iPhoto, RSS or any folder on your computer
* Choose from different cool frames
* Automatically changes to a new picture whenever you choose
* Resize the widget to to be big or small
* smoothly animates transitions between different sized photos
Download Picture Framer
With this handy widget open, you'll start to notice all the shows that you could be watching right now. It offers a beautiful, minimalistic interface and looks right at home on your dashboard.
Download TV Tracker
PEMDAS is a scientific calculator with an easy-to-use interface for doing calculations with formulas and variables.
Next to the info button on the widget is a '+' button that expands the widget to show the formula and variable caches, which give one click access to everything you’ve done. You can clear the caches by pressing clear on your keyboard twice real fast (shift+delete for notebook users), or double clicking the clear button on the calculator.
In addition, PEMDAS lets you switch between degrees and radians, has support for percentages and most trig, log, and hyperbolic functions, lets you format the answer in scientific and engineering notation, and has a preference for thousands separators. You can also specify the precision of the calculation, and convert between hexadecimal, octal, binary, and decimal.
Frictionless is a to-do list manager in the Getting Things Done style of David Allen. Specifically, it allows you to view your items in both heirarchical form, so that you're encouraged to document "the next action" for all your tasks, and it lets you then slice by the Context needed to do them.
The idea is that when you are processing, you can use the projects view to capture all the things you have to do. Then when you are doing, you can use the contexts view so you only have to see the items you can work on right now.
This bypasses the problem with most to-do list programs in that if you do a complete to-do list, you have 200 items, of which only 20 are presently actionable. By slicing your actions by context, you only need look at Errands when you are ready to run errands.
Because the program is kind of rough, reading the documentation is pretty much required. Reading David Allen's book is also reccomended because it will give you the productivity tips you need to make the rest of your work process more productive and stress free.
The most difficult thing about learning a language is certainly to find time for it, isn't it? With the ProVoc widget, you can now use any spare minute to quickly train a couple of words... The ideal short break to take at any time!
Includes several intelligent training modes:
* Written test
* Multiple choice questions
* Slideshow of vocabulary
Customizable at will:
* Train any vocabulary file on your computer
* Any test direction
* Custom text size and background
Download ProVoc Widget
ProVoc is a free and easy-to-use vocabulary trainer. Behind its simple and user-friendly interface, ProVoc offers a rich variety of features that will greatly help you improve your knowledge of foreign languages or technical terminology.
* Repeat and browse your vocabulary on your iPod
* Print two-sided flash cards
* Unicode support (e.g. for asiatic, hebraic, arabic or any other alphabet)
* Several test modes of variable difficulty
* Multiple choice questions
* Share vocabulary documents
* Freely organize your vocabulary in pages and chapters
* And more
Serial Cloner is a molecular biology software. It provides tools with an intuitive interface that assists you in DNA cloning, sequence analysis and visualization. Serial Cloner has been developed to provide a light molecular biology software to both Macintosh and Windows users. Serial Cloner reads and write DNA Strider(tm)-compatible files and import and export files in the universal FASTA format (as well as in pDRAW32 format). Powerful graphical display tools and simple interfaces help the analysis and construction steps (adaptor, PCR, Gateway[tm] cloning) in a very intuitive way.
Download Serial Cloner
Create RSS feeds, M3U or XSPF playlists, play MP3 music directly in your browser with a flash music player and much more. Create multiple user accounts, give them different user rights, create download quotas and much more. Discover other MyTunesRSS servers on your local network. Use your iTunes library or simple watch folders. Upload new music to the server through the beautiful web interface. Browse your music library by album, artist or genre. All the things you ever wanted to do!
QuickFind is a simple way of finding what you want on a number of websites without having to retype the search terms and several web addresses. Type once, search several times. As well as Google, Amazon, ebay and Yahoo, QuickFind also gives you access to Wikipedia, Dictionary.com, Google images and Yell.com (as well as access to a few more techie sites/resources).
Flash Cards was developed to help you practice your knowledge of any subject using text phrases and picture flash cards. Text phrases are chosen from a table in the Phrase Maintenance Window and pictures are chosen from a folder created by the application in the Users/~/Documents folder where you place jpg picture files. The Setup Window lets you set the time a text phrase/picture is on-screen, the period between displays, the text color, bold/unbold, and text size. Settings are saved between sessions.
Download Flash Cards
Subliminal Message helps you explore the idea of subliminal messages.
There are three modes: Text, Picture and Both. Set the mode. Set the on-screen time (1 - 50 ms), the time between flashes (2 - 30 sec), the message font darkness/picture darkness color, bold on/off and size and let the program run in the background. Use the default messages or enter your own messages. Messages may have up to 50 characters. All settings and messages are saved between sessions.
Because of its power and influence at the subliminal level, this effect is not allowed on TV in many countries.
Download Subliminal Message
QaLL terminates every running applications at once. I can also relaunch every applications which are terminated by QaLL with 1 button. Of course you can specify apps you don't want to terminate. Mac OS X is able to run many apps in parallel, but sometimes, especially when you play a game or run a big application, the processing speed can be slowed down by of other apps. So you should use QaLL to clean up needless processes and feel comfortable to run big apps. After you quit the big application, you can launch all the smaller apps again by clicking 1 button and get back to your work again quickly and easily.
Smultron is a free text editor for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger which is both easy to use and powerful. It is designed to not confuse newcomers nor disappoint advanced users. It has all the advantages of an Cocoa application and some of its features are tabs, line numbers, support for syntax colouring for many different languages, functions list, support for text encodings, snippets, a toolbar, a status bar, preview, split window, multi-document find and replace with regular expressions, possibility to show invisible characters, authenticated open and saves, command-line utility, full screen editing and running commands and scripts from within the application.
Stat pro is the ultimate System monitoring widget, consisting of 9 sections which can be minimized, expanded or closed. It features detailed information on CPU, memory, hard drives, IP and external IP, bandwidth, CPU temperature, battery, uptime, temperatures and fans. You'll know exactly what's going on inside your mac!
Not for the feint hearted or anyone with a small screen.
Download iStat pro
A total of 63 tables that can be used as reference data or to calculate interest using FinKit's Interest between Dates calculation.
* money market interest rates, government bond yields, monetary financial institutions interest rates provided by the European Central Bank (monthly statistics for the Euro area, Japanese and US markets)
* late payment and overpayment interest rates provided by the US Minerals Management Service
Download FinKit X Interest Tables
Fields is a small force field simulator for Mac OS X in the form of a screen saver. Particles react to each creating interesting visual patterns. Lots of parameters can be set to achieve different visual results in the simulation.
Download Fields Screen Saver
Poster makes it easy to convert any Illustrator file (.ai, .eps or .pdf) in Illustrator, EPS or PDF format. Just drag and drop files on the app’s icon, select the desire format and it will convert for you. Note: version of final file is the same of version of Adobe Illustrator that you use
* Small and minimalistic, very fast, extensible translation tool, with nice interface and history.
* Useful flexible and customizable user interface.
* Ru-En-Fr-Spanish dictionaries already included to bundle TranslateIt!+Addons. Other dictionaries can be downloaded from product page (see Dictionaries tab).
* Color formating output for translated text.
* HTML formated dictionaries support.
* Extended multimedia dictionaries format (images, wavs, movies, Flash, any documents attaches).
* Users can rename and reorder (change priority) dictionaries as they whishes.
* Speech syntheser.
* Users can add RTFD-Notes for existing articles and even create new articles as Notes for existing active dictionaries.
* Two different modes for translation history.
* Dictionary developer utilities - DictBuilder (Perl core scripts + GUI included to TranslateIt!).
* Global dictionaries support (publication to /Library/Application Support/TranslateIt!).
* Auto look-up new dictionaries (in ~/Library/Application Support/TranslateIt! and /Library/Application Support/TranslateIt!) on start-up.
* User can select needed dictionaries, using all selected dictionaries for translation at the same time (without dictionary switching).
* Topmost and transparency facilities, fast alignement control for main window.
* Drag-and-Drop operation support for words from other apps and TranslateIt! by itself (just select word and drop it to TranslateIt! window to any place excluding word to translate field).
* Translate any word from TranslateIt! by double click.
* Copy any word from article by double click on it with OPTION key.
* Fast dictionaries reordering (by mouse click to article with CMD key).
* Smart history for learning with import/export.
* Integrated game mode based on learning history.
* Printing history on double sided paper cards.
* Smart drawer behavior (like iCal).
* Customizable font size and colors.
* Registration at Services.
* Localized to Russian, English, French, Portuguese, zh_CN, zh_TW.
* Console mode - TranslateIt! works in terminal (Terminal.app) and remote SSH.
* Growl (visual notifications) & Sparkle (software updating) support.
* TranslateIt! Dashboard Widget (Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later required) included.
Pixer is a little application thet help you to rescale Png, Jpeg, Tiff, psd , bmp or Pict images in batch. Drag a image, a group of images or a folder of images into Pixer icon and type the size you want (for example 500 for 500 pixel): Pixel convert them to the typed size. That's all!
Hint 1: leave the insert window blank and press OK, Pixer leave the size unchanged and building the icon to all images.
Hint 2: for PNG 24bit, Pixer icon abilities preserve trasparency!
Hint 3: type H for 800pixel, M for 480pixel, L for 305pixel and T for 80pixel. If you use letters instead of numbers, Pixer insert a standard prefix and postfix in the name of image (image.jpg becomes H_image_1.jpg)
Hint 4 (new!): type percentage instead of pixel (50%, 74%, 16%)
Hint 5 (new!): type two dimensions and Pixer crops or to adds pad to image (for example, "1440x900" instead of "1440")
This utility helps Mac users to serch (and find!) torrent files. River use most important torrent portal on the web. Open River and type word to search. Drag a file or a folder to search the torrent element's name.